We believe that
• inequity, injustice and suffering are alien to God’s plan for Creation.
• the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Good News for the world.
• we are to proclaim the Gospel with language and action — at the call of God, by the power of the Holy Spirit, by the example of Jesus Christ.
• God calls each Christ-follower to be fully engaged, in relationship with our local and global community.
• actively serving God’s world and God’s people is a fundamental expression of our Christian faith.
• we are to serve as ambassadors for Christ: working for healing and justice, enacting sustainable change, and extending the reach of God’s radical, unconditional, transforming love.
To be the hands and feet of Christ on earth
To be a unified body, answering God’s call to love and serve the world, for the building of God’s Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven
WORKING AS ONE
• moving forward with unity of purpose, held together by our common cause in Christ
• respecting, supporting and encouraging each other in our
• pursuing financial and educational resources together
• actively engaging in our community and world, working as agents of sustainable change
• responding in ways that bring us closer to the heart of a need
• using and sharing our gifts, talents, and abilities
• sharing our abundance with those who need it more
• responding in ways that best serve the needs of our community and global partners and those they support
• sacrificing our wants for the sake of others’ needs
• giving a face and a name to those in need
• committing to paths of service that bring us closer to people: physically, spiritually, and emotionally
• seeking long-term commitments, whenever appropriate
• breaking down the walls that insulate “us” from “them”
• offering care, respect and dignity for all
• educating ourselves to better understand both the need and the issues surrounding it
• educating each other about our responses to needs
• cultivating a culture of Christ-like equity, upholding ways of justice over charity
• communicating in ways that are unified, constant, and consistent