Jesus promised us that although He would not be present with us in body, he would leave us with the Holy Spirit to guide and lead us. Each Sunday, we have a wonderful message!
NOW, here’s the challenge:
Ask a minimum of 2 people (maximum 6) to meet with you for a conversation about Sunday’s message. This creates a small group! You may want to meet in a coffee shop, in your home, at the church, or in a restaurant. Also, you may want to meet weekly or bi-weekly. That is up to you! (If you want to meet at the church at any time, be sure you book a room through the office.) Sign up at the Connection Table.
When you meet, re-read the Bible passage for the message and have a discussion around the Sunday message.
The following are a few general questions that you might use for your discussion (just choose 1 or 2 as it is ideal that your discussion does not go more than an hour.)
Please pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal and illuminate God’s word to you and your group.
1. What is the historical context in this message?
2. What did you learn about God, Jesus and the scriptures that you did not know before?
3. How do you feel the message applied to your life? Did it help your faith grow? Why or why not?
4. Is there anything in the message that upset you or made you question what was said? If you could speak to Katie or Orville, what questions(s) would you ask?
5. Why do you think the disciples responded as they did?
6. Do you think that this really happened or is it just a parable to help us understand?
7. If you were asked to retell the message to someone outside of our church, what would be the most important idea or ideas that you would share?
8. What is your personal application of this message?
Knitted squares, each 8×8″ from women in Canada, are a particular blessing for widows in Malawi. Gathering at a rural church, the widows’ groups stitch together 35 squares to make 1 blanket for 1 child. The blankets are given to the most needy children in the community. This expression of Jesus’ love in such a tangible way brings smiles to all involved.
Thank you to everyone who has knitted and donated squares from the HAHFA team! If you would like to knit squares you will find the instructions below. Please contact the office to arrange a time to drop off your completed squares.TIAO Manual